Sunday 29 September 2019

PLEASE PRAY

Devastation in Abaco
Dorian! Even with this photograph taken over Abaco Island, it is not possible to convey to you the devastation this hurricane caused. I ask you to pause in pray now, for those hit hard by the storm. Personally my family and I were spared from any harm.  ALC experienced minor flooding but 90 miles to the north, on the islands of Abaco and Grand Bahama, people are suffering. There is a yet-to-be determined catastrophic lose of life with over a 1,300 people still missing. There is also massive destruction of property leaving thousands homeless. Many survivors have come to Nassau. ALC has donated their busses to the relief effort and is in the process of working with another ministry to host some affected families at the Camp. This is an amazing opportunity to minister to and serve those affected.


Marsh Habour Abaco
The hurricane has produced many personal opportunities to minister to hurting people, many without hope. During a dinner I served at with an extended family of survivors, one gentleman told me of how he and his family were in his vehicle trying to get away during the eye of the storm when it was lifted “50 feet in the air”!  When his wife began to pray, he claimed that it felt like the hand of God literally rest the vehicle on its wheels back on the ground. I was able to share God’s plan of salvation with several family members. On another occasion I shared a meal with a lady who told me that she had to swim for safety and watched as her sister’s children drown. Many victims were of Haitian decent and are in even greater need. Opportunities abound to minister and provide funds, food and clothing for individuals. Please pray for them. 

Beyond The Alley

Last week I hosted 30 children and adults from a ministry called Beyond the Alley, that had some children who had been in the storm in Abaco. After I shared the love of Christ and the gospel message four of the children told me that they had placed their trust in Jesus for forgiveness of their sins. One of them told me that they finally understood what Jesus had done for them and was brought to tears. Please keep Exavanique, Branay, Kendranique and Elcott in prayer. 



Summer Camp 2019

Stepping back from the hurricane into the past summer we again were blessed to host hundreds of children through Summer Camp and Summer Tours. Children continually tell me that coming to ALC is “the best day of their life”. At the end of every week and with each tour group, the gospel is given. Sometimes I ask for a show of hands for those who committed their lives to Jesus after I present the gospel. The last week of Summer Camp thirteen of the campers made that commitment! Just this morning I was reading my Oswald Chambers devotion and he wrote about how Paul had a compulsion to preach the gospel. I can definitely identify with that God given compulsion and often thank God for His call on my life. I also thank God for you who have made it possible for me to be in the “Centre” of His will.  Thank you. 

Adirondack Bible Church
At the end of the summer I visited Adirondack Bible Church to share my ministry with the congregation. The commitment to the gospel and missions for this small group of believers in the woods is amazing. Pastor Ed and his wife Faith along with the new Pastor Stephen were such an encouragement to my family and me. 




Thank you for your prayer and support. If you would like support my ministry at ALC click here; Support Mark at ALC or you can write a check to GO!Ministries and mail it to; 270 East Palais Road, Anaheim, CA 92850. Make sure to write my missionary #1273 in the memo space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment